Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Daddy Time: Give 'Em What They Need!


On this What Do You Have to Give Wednesday, I'd like to request a very special gift for some very special people from their incredible, irreplaceable fathers. As I'm sure you've noticed from today's blog post title, I'd like to focus attention on children (young and old). I'm asking fathers to give their offspring the gift of daddy time!

As both a wife and a mother, I completely understand the significance of our roles and positions in the world and definitely in the lives of our children. However, there's so much to be said about the relevance of our menfolk, especially when they are dads (or have the opportunity to mentor children who are without one). Without detailing the obvious, I'd just like to remind men everywhere that there's nothing in the world for children like daddy time.

So, on this wonderful Wednesday I send a special shout out to all of the wonderful men out there who are (much like my own husband), holding things down...training their boys to become men, cherishing their girls who will one day be women, taking their children to school, meeting their needs, laughing with them, crying with them, playing with them, and even praying for them. And for those of you fine fellas who have been a little too busy and a little less available for leisure time with your seed, it's not too late. It's the one thing they need that we women cannot give them...daddy time! Set aside some time to invest in your children (young and old). They won't soon forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment